7.22.2009

Re-Post: "In Your Face: Big Pix, Few Pixels" on NPR.com


recently ive been taking some sweet pictures with 'effer' aka my blackberry.
I like to hate the device but having a camera that takes all of 3 seconds to ready and snap has proved to pay off and even though its like .02 pixels, its captured some pretty sweet moments.
like my friendly bordering on stalker duck at jamaica pond.
or my grandmother in an almost 100 year old apron shes been saving for me.
or the baby powder bottle with earphones taped onto its sides, left on my desk by my boss.
yeah.
so i was excited to read this article/see this slide show on NPR of Michale Daniels .3 megapixel portrait series...
"New iPhones have three. Most point-and-shoot digital cameras have about 10. The Canon 5D Mark II has a ridiculous 21.1. Megapixels, that is. So imagine what 0.3 megapixels look like. (Here's a hint: pretty terrible.) That's what inspired Michal Daniel to use a camera of that size. While everyone else was shopping around for the highest quality camera, he was hunting for the worst."
read the rest of it and see the super expressive shots here

No comments: