6.29.2009

the intersection of boston and crazy.

i walked a total of 18 miles this weekend, thoroughly exploring the love out of inman square, porter square, union square, fenway and the south end, both on my own and with company. one of the cool things i saw was the mapparium at mary baker eddy library. check this out. its a fully circular stained glass globe designed by winston churchill in 1835 that you walk INTO, back lit and delineated with the territories and colonization of that time period...

my feet are blistered and my brain is a little swimmy from the number of squares and streets i saw, craft booths i sauntered by, parks i lallygagged through, hipsters i oogled, cafes and sandwich shops and bakeries i um, tested... i feel like i went on a trip but it was all in my backyard and thats why i love this city, its walkable and the cultures of the various areas are so diverse but what unites cambridge with jp with somerville with backbay are some of my favorite things in the world: indie cafes, used book stores, thrift shops, hidden parks, old school diners.

and then of course there are the few thinks you're guaranteed to encounter that i could live without: psychotic red sox fan(atic)s and mindboggglingly senseless streets. and if you think i'm just being a spoiled yankee-loyal grid-oriented new yorker... let me just mention that saturday i encountered the intersection of tremont... and tremont.
wait but- but thats- you cant- thats cant be- my brain is shaking in my skull- ARGHHHH!
thats all.

No comments: