3.24.2009

heartacrack


today i am being a very bad worker
my supervisor is out of the office and while i normally do quite well unsupervised :) there have been some drastic budget cuts lately that have reduced my time from about 150% capacity (read:hamster on a wheel) to about 75 percent capacity (read: i have "free" time?) and its really thrown me for a loop. itll change soon enough though so when i suddenly hit the bottom of my to-do list, something i never even thought possible, im taking advantage of it.
headed straight for the poetry blogs.
and in my wanderings i came across something so quietly human and beautiful it really did make me ache a little.
its called the Free Verse project and its by the academy of american poets. the deal is theres a flickr pool and people can post photos including lines from a favorite poem written off the page in an unexpected or ephemeral way...
this is the intersection of so many things i love. its like andy goldsworthy meets post secret with great poetry...
im hoping to submit, a little overwhelmed by the options.
heres the site

Caption reads: "I want to do with you what spring does with cherry trees."

No comments: