2.04.2009

to the small things i cling

*sunbutter- sunflower seed peanut butter. sublime.
*a list of the ten best bookstores in boston that i found online- ive visited three, the other seven make me tingle with anticipation
*finding a website for a wildlife sanctuary in kenya that really needs volunteers- and has giraffes. spending extended time with giraffes is at the top of my "bucket list."
*dark chocolate covered altoids- boombaby.
*a plastic spoon i picked up at shaws to eat my soup that happens to be deformed in a way that makes it more efficient than the average spoon - ive washed it and reused it for a month.
*walking to work a tree unloaded the contents of yesterdays snow storm on my head. had i been two feet forward or two feet back i would have missed it. and that would have been a shame because it made me laugh.
*a woman in our office changed her ringtone from her child wailing MOMMY ANSWER YOUR PHONE to some kind of pleasant harmony. this is big news for my quality of life.
*i picked up a hyacinth for my cubicle. it is pink and changes every day. i bury my face in it regularly. i tend to it like the plant of life itself.

No comments: