12.20.2008

saturday morning music


im sitting at my desk. there are big windows on two sides and outside the snow is coming from every direction, including, it seems, from below, so its really like being in a glass box on the outgoing end of a snow machine.
the flakes are enormous. doilie size. you could set a proper tea party with them.
doilies. theres something my generation has not embraced.
Im eating tomato soup again. also managed to spill it on myself again.
i should probably stop eating tomato based products.
but im too cozy/lazy to go out and get food and thats the quickest edible item i have in the cupboards.
which says something since i don't have a microwave and soup involves a stove.
but its delicious with rosemary ground on top. dried this summer from our garden and carefully transported from longisland.
my ipod just shuffled onto a sweet song that couldn't be more perfect for the day, the weather, my thoughts...
sometimes i get a little scared of my ipods perceptive powers...

No comments: