11.23.2008

is it wrong that the first thing i think is, why didn't i think of that?


really though.
sometimes i go to galleries or contemporary art shows and i see how hard everyones working to out think eachother and i wonder if there are any simple solutions left to the problem of art.
the art that really gets to me is just taking me by the shoulders, lifting me quarter of an inch to the left, and dropping me down again.
but when that actually happens, im going to be honest, my first instinct is not: what a genius.
its: what the hell is wrong with me that i couldn't figure out to do that.
when i see that kind of work, it feels like the artist has snatched up the last real estate offering a slightly altered perspective.
until i see another one
and then im just like AM I GOING AROUND WITH MY HEAD UP MY ASS?
anyway, heres the interview with Aakash Nihalani from The Moment, a very cool NYT blog


No comments: