3.05.2008

breaking the blog silence

Apologies to my loyal readers. :)
i've been in a funk
i'm coming out of it now but i swear its the funkiest funk ive ever experienced
on paper, things are coasting along if not clicking into place
in fact recently its been a little like an early birthday
or a late christmas
or some event where lots of shit is handed to me for no reason
but being a contrary type, I insist on looking the gift horses square in the quacker
its not that i'm unappreciative, because i am, deeply so.
i'm just not great at trusting a good thing
so ive been doing a lot of 'yay'-ing
because 'yay' is about all i could muster in the way of enthusiasm
but yay is obnoxious

i think I needed a good slap
or to be knocked unconscious so i could get some sleep
either way it looks like someone should have hit me
i'm sure i wouldn't have been hard pressed to find a taker
my dear friend L, for example, who remarked recently that my negativity made her feel like i'd
"shoved ice down the jacket of her soul"
love you, L.
In the midst of my funk I've been seeking out songs that keep me awake and happy
Liam Finn's song Second Chance has been played twenty times in the last 24 hours.
boomp3.com
The guys a ball of musical energy
he plays almost all the instruments on his album
and if you want to see a pretty jaw dropping live performance look him up on youtube on Letterman.

Feeling less funky by the second...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you too dayz!


....still waiting for my jazzhands and kickline