2.28.2008

Sad Sad Song makes me happy - is that wrong?


If a song doesn't pull at my heart strings or pull me onto my feet to dance then I consider it a failure on some level.
I realize I haven't been putting up any tunes that do number two...
(ha)
(am I 5 yrs old?)
...annnnd i'm not going to start now.
But here's a strange and simple song by the excellent M. Ward that straddles the space between... and is surprisingly successful.
You kinda can't help but move to it
but it's... you know... sad.

boomp3.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the song, but i would request something with a little PEP ......and maybe some jazz hands

Anonymous said...

have you listened to his new project with Zooey Deschanel - She & Him? it's great. well, M. doesn't sing much on it but the whole record has a Carpenters vibe to it.